Sunday, June 14, 2009

Internet comes to Writers' Rescue!

Before the internet writers lived in lonely attics, typing away, rarely hearing from each other or publishers. Now, with the internet, there is a plethora of useful sites. Here are just two of them.

Ever wondered how to write a Book Proposal? Find it here, straight from the horses mouth, at Rants and Ramblings of a Literary Agent.

Literary Agent Nathan Bransford, has blogged about a wide range of useful things from basic manuscript formatting, through the writing process, revising, genres and classification and staying sane during the writing and publishing process. You'll find him here.

And that's without mentioning all the wonderful groups, writers can belong to.

2 comments:

KylieQ said...

Thanks, Rowena, these are useful links. The problem with the internet is that it's too easy to spend a whole evening surfing around and telling myself that I'm working because I'm learning about the "business" side of writing.
KylieQ

Rowena Cory Daniells said...

You are working, Kylie!

That's what I tell myself when I spend hours reading books. I'm researching the genre.

When I go to movies, I'm researching character and story arc.